Saturday, May 9, 2009

Latest Service Packs and OS versions

Aside from the other departments, on mine I have constant access to 7 different computers. A couple of them have dual-boot capabilities. All in all, and due to the fact that for the last 2 weeks major software manufacturers have released latest patches and versions; I have
Ubuntu 9.04 version on 32b machine
Ubuntu 9.04 amd64 (w Open Office 3.0)
Windows 7 Ultimate Release Candidate 64b
Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2 32b
MS Office 2007 Service Pack 2 on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 64b
MS Office 2007 Service Pack 2 on Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (x2)
…and a barebones 32b Linux install for a UTM-like computer

All works. Some computers are extremely fast (64b.) Others look real nice thanks to the new graphic capabilities and so on.
So, for the last couple of weeks, as time allows at breaks and evenings I have been playing with most of the new features.
So what? What’s new under the sun?

I do not know what I have been looking for being so prompt to download and install the latest and greatest. I think it was a hidden desire to find something, anything positive in such latest news turmoil …

Did not find anything that would satisfy me.

I think the really important things in life are too distant from the latest bleeding edge technology. I just do not know where to look.

Oh! Well…

Will keep searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment