Friday, November 6, 2009

Of secondary priorities

Strange how we tend to put thing in inverse order sometimes. We work like 19th century donkeys and some times more hours than what a healthy environment should be.
We answer the phone and/or reply to EM messages on our PDA even when we are supposed to be enjoying the game or watching our kids do a new trick.
Which begs the question: shouldn't we focus more on family 1st and work 2nd? What is it that forces us to check the screen at the slightest vibration or ring?

Sounding like a broken record, I've learned that work will be waiting for me every time. No matter how little or how much I accomplish today, tomorrow will be full of to do lists and new2 tasks too.

I am trying to focus more on enjoying my family yet again. I'm wishing me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment