Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Being more mobile now

At kid's soccer practice. An entire hour to kill. The acquaintances I used to talk to have left. The other parents seem intent to either focus on watching their kids play or read magazines, write on existing documents and/or simply use that 20th century organic material they call Paper in one way or another.

I thought about bringing my netbook to reply to a few mail messages or simply craft a document or two while I wait and glance every so often to my child.

However, and despite the fact that the netbook is light and very portable, more and more I feel inclined to use a totally different device that does not require me to sit or find a flat or stable surface or position in order to type. I'm finding my PDA easier and easier each time.

From my first Palm Pilot Pro all through the changes to this BB, I've found that it's just a matter of getting used to any of such devices in order to become really productive. The new Palm Pre is out already and it has a keyboard! Long gone are those Styluses that helped us easily transition from that wood derivative I referred before to these amazing devices.

A month or so ago I posted a piece about how easy I found it to be to type and upload a Blog article created and uploaded entirely on my BB. I'm pretty sure that eventually will become the norm rather than the extreme.

True mobility. And simpler every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment